Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

When I look back on 2012, the first word that comes to mind is 'loss'. When beginning 2012, I never thought it could be worse than 2011...well, I was wrong! In 2012 I lost Donna's mom, and I had just begun a relationship with her. I wish I could have had longer to get to know her more, she was a wonderful woman. Then shortly after we had the house fire. We lost the house, our belongings, Abby, Libby Lue, and Ollie. I felt like I lost my sanity, my beliefs in God, and my will to move forward. We lived in a hotel for three months, which wore off the novelty of staying in a hotel for me ever again...or at least for a long time. The first few weeks it was nice having a pool for the summer but that definitely wore off. Then right before moving back into the house, Donna's dad passed away. How much more loss could we handle? It was a wonderful day moving back in but it took a long while to settle back in. We lost a lot of my favorite animals at work this year as well. Now, don't get me wrong there were good things in 2012 as well. My first cruise was in 2012....it seems like a life time ago though. We got a brand new house, with brand new things. I also got Asher. Asher has made my life so much better. He helped bring me "back". I'm in a better place than I was 4-5 months ago. One of my coworkers and good friend Brandy got married to the love of her life Kari in October. That was probably by far the best wedding I have ever been to. It was amazing and wonderful, and they did a great job at planning the whole thing. I sit in my "new" room now and stare at the collages of pictures on my walls of all the people/things I love...and I think how much I miss my Libby Lue and Ollie. What I wouldn't give to just hold them, love them, hug them, kiss them and tell them how much I loved them and all the things they did for/with me. It's hard to let them go because I never pictured my life without them, especially Libby Lue. I wish I would walk in my room one day and there she is laying on my bed waiting for me to come home from work. So with all of that said, goodbye 2012 take with you all the loss and heartache, and welcome 2013, with hopes and dreams to come. For 2013 I hope, dream, wish that I have no more loss and that this year brings happiness and direction to me. I hope to find the will to lose weight. Also, looking forward to our first family cruise and our first family vacation in many years. 102 days until we fly off to Florida and soak up the hot sun! I also wish for no loss this year, and only gain (except weight that is). I hope for good health for my family and all of our pets. I look forward to spending the year with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment